Source Code Audit
Extend the functionality of your custom app
By auditing your code, we help you assess the current state of your app, determine all risks, and offer workable solutions in the form of specific steps.
Update technologies and tools
If you haven’t updated your software for a long time, we’ll determine whether you’re using outdated technologies and if it’s time to shift to newer technologies or tools.
Check your code for high-risk areas
A code review allows us to detect existing and potential issues and vulnerabilities in your software. If we detect problems, we also provide solutions to swiftly address them.
Improved product quality
Due to fixed mistakes like typos, security bugs, architectural errors, and business logic flaws, your software performance improves exponentially.
We’ll check your code to make sure it’s well-written and easy to read. Сlean, high-quality code is less prone to bugs and therefore easier to maintain.
Higher customer satisfaction
With reviewed code, you can be sure there are fewer bugs in your app. Consequently, you can expect more satisfied users.
More accurate estimate
After a code review, estimates for future feature development will be more accurate, so you can carefully plan when features will be finished.
How we review your source code
At RubyGarage, we take a balanced approach to auditing code, combining manual code review with automated code audit tools. This allows us to find common bugs and vulnerabilities as well as detect complex underlying problems.
Stage 1. Technology stack identification
- A report with a list of technologies used in your product
- Recommendations from our technical experts on improving the current tech stack
Stage 2. Automated security audit
- Patch-level verification during which we look for vulnerabilities in current libraries
- Searching for vulnerabilities in the source code by checking how sensitive data is stored, how data is accessed, etc.
Stage 3. Static code analysis
- Bottleneck detection
- Code quality checks
- Code smells detection
- Autotests quality checks
- Check of style guides and structural similarities
Stage 4. Manual code audit
- Follows common principles of code design (DRY, KISS, YAGNI, SOLID)
- Uses design patterns correctly
- Has and correctly uses architectural layers in addition to MVC
- Is correctly integrated with third-party services
- Uses a valid database architecture
- Has the tools for proper automated deployment
- Has data backup mechanisms
Stage 5. Issue prioritization and report preparation
- Issue descriptions with severity levels
- Issue impacts on app performance
- Descriptions of issue causes
- Issue resolution options
- Customer assurance to prevent repeated issue occurrence
- Client benefits after issue resolution
RubyGarage analyzed the existing code base and development approach with our client's in-house team. Based on revealed issues, we suggested changes to the architecture, rearranged the development workflow to ensure the app's security, and made the code base easy to maintain and upgrade.View project
Health Marketplace lets health practitioners and patients receive consultations through video and text chats. During the source code audit, we detected a number of code smells and security vulnerabilities as well as several major problems with the architecture. Our team refactored the code and fixed all critical problems in the application.View project
Blue Sky is a cloud-based e-learning platform that allows users to deliver live and on-demand education to their customers. We carried out a thorough analysis of the product structure and codebase. Then we transformed the app architecture to make it easy to scale, upgrade, and maintain.View project
What our customers say about Code audit as a service
They were professional, responsive and diligent at all times. Specifically, the quality of people and processes enabled this complex accounting project to be a success on all levels. I have no hesitation in recommending RubyGarage for projects that require extra attention to detail and a professional, systematic approach to software development.
Bad software affects every aspect of your customer relations. Make sure your application is excellent
- Free & non-binding offer
- 10+ years in the development and service design market
- 160+ released projects
- 150+ In-house specialists
- Needs analysis instead of sales talk
- Valuable suggestions from experts in the field for your project