A Platform for Health Practitioners and Patients
This platform brings health practitioners and patients together and allows patients to communicate with practitioners and get individual nutrition and exercise recommendations.
Our clients wanted to help people stay fit and healthy by providing a convenient way to contact health practitioners and get consultations. That’s how they came up with the idea of an application that brings patients and practitioners together.
When our clients contacted the RubyGarage team, work on their project had already started but they had no production version. In addition to developing a production version, they also wanted to upgrade the application and extend its functionality. Since it’s a startup, we had to find the best solutions as fast as possible.
We were responsible for:
- Performing a rescue mission to discover the state of the existing application and come up with solutions to fix possible issues
- Extending application’s functionality with marketplace features and an ecommerce store for purchases straight on the website
- Creating a responsive version of the website along with a user-friendly interface
- Enabling users to access the platform from mobile devices
Patients can browse through doctor ratings, reviews, and hourly rates and book an appointment straight in a Booking tab.
Sorting and diet plan cards help patients make an informed decision on a preferable diet plan.
Patients may purchase the dietary supplements without leaving the platform.
Users can contact health practitioners on-the-go with a mobile application
Users can access the platform from mobile devices
First, we conducted a code audit to analyze the existing codebase for security vulnerabilities and issues with the app architecture.
After we fixed the initial code, we moved on to automated tests to ensure that the application was ready for further upgrades like implementing full-scale marketplace functionality and several integrations.
We also developed a mobile app for iOS that enables efficient communication between patients and health practitioners.
We took the following steps:
- Wrote automated tests to ensure the high quality of the application
- Ensured scalability by using several Amazon services including S3, RDS, and Elastic Compute Cloud
- Implemented dynamic page rendering using AngularJS to transform the product into a single-page application, making it responsive and fast
- Developed custom marketplace functionality to provide efficient communication between practitioners and patients, implement payments between patients and practitioners, and enable patients to choose between subscription models and practitioners to set subscription plans
- Implemented an online store based on Spree to let patients buy products right in the in-app store
- Implemented integrations with Stripe to provide an effective online payment solution and with the Faye messaging system to enable live text chat
- Developed an iOS mobile app that supports video conversations between patients and health practitioners
Ruby on Rails
To improve the quality of this application, the RubyGarage team refactored the code and fixed critical problems. We also implemented marketplace functionality and several integrations to provide new business opportunities for the product.
With these solutions, the product became a scalable and reliable application that’s ready to meet its users’ needs.