How We Work
We’re going to give you a quick overview of RubyGarage software development process and explain each step of our workflow.
RubyGarage is your technology partner in product development
Our workflow is divided into three core processes: ideation and evaluation, product design, and product development. Quality assurance is an integral part of both of these processes.
Ideation for a new product
Dealing with a new product, at this stage, we want to understand how promising a business plan is, will a product be viable and what markets can be interested in it.
Concept definition and evaluation
- Outlined vision of the project
- Lean Canvas
- Detailed product feature list based on Value Chain Map with modules, flows, and use cases.
Evaluation for an existing product
In a case of an existing application, the initial stage starts with the product evaluation. After that, we brainstorm the ideas that can improve your new or existing app.
- A report with prioritized issues and detailed information on each issue
- A recovery plan with suggestions on how to fix the issues
- List of prioritized UX design issues with illustrative examples of best practices
- Detailed list of recommendations on fixing the problems found
- In-depth understanding of all features and integrations in the project
- Quick identification of all major discrepancies
- Specification that covers the main functionality
We gather, analyze, and specify requirements through business analysis and requirements engineering processes. We define business goals and write functional specification, which is required for product development. The next step is research-based user experience design.
- Business model
- Operational model
- Data model
- Functional and non-functional specifications and requirements
User experience design
- User flows
- Wireframes and UX prototypes
- Texts for user interfaces
During the product development process, we create a final visual representation of your product and implement it in code. We test product functionality at every stage of the workflow and guarantee excellent quality of code.
User interface design
- Interactive prototypes and mockups for all resolutions
- UI assets: icons, banners, patterns, illustrations, animations
- Design specification: style guide, UI kit
Server/Client-side application development
- Server-side REST or GraphQL API with documentation
- Database architecture design
- Stable and secure architecture
- Client-side web or mobile application connected to server-side API
- Source code created according to standards, style guides, and design patterns
- 80–100% automation test coverage
Infrastructure management and DevOps
- Tuned AWS architecture
- Infrastructure as code with Docker containers
- Automation deployment scripts
- Continuous integration setup
- Production control and monitoring tools setup
Quality assurance: usability, functional, compatibility, performance, and penetration testing.
- Fully tested working product
- Test specification, test suites, and test cases
- Functional, performance, penetration, and automation testing scripts
Management and support
Management and support are the ongoing processes that are present across the whole life cycle of a project. They allow our team to keep communication with you transparent and streamlined, plan and sequence resources, mitigate the impact of risks, and control the quality of your product.
- Work breakdown structure
- Release plan
- RAID log
- Change log
- RACI matrix
- Communication plan with time, duration and agenda of all past and future meetings and calls
- Team progress reports
Explore the responsibilities of each functional office
RubyGarage has five functional offices. All of them are involved in developing your product. See the responsibilities of each office and check out their workflows to learn how we deliver our projects:
Tools we use to organize our workflow
We use lots of software for communication and project management. We normally use Slack for daily chats, Jira for task management, and Webex for video calls. But we’re always curious about new tools and will adapt to your preferences.
RubyGarage is a full-stack software development company
- Free & non-binding offer
- 12+ years in the development and service design market
- 160+ released projects
- 150+ In-house specialists
- Needs analysis instead of sales talk
- Valuable suggestions from experts in the field for your project