A user experience audit is a fast and affordable way to improve your product. During a UX audit, a designer uses a collection of skills, tools, and methods to analyze how users interact with your product and identify any UX issues.
This analysis informs recommendations on how to optimize your website or app, improve business performance, and increase ROI.
A UX audit is based on the expertise of a designer as well as on heuristic principles, usability guidelines, and user interface best practices.
UI best practices
- High-level recommendations regarding issues that impact overall product performance
- An overview of issues according to their level of severity
- A detailed list of UX issues with illustrative examples
- Recommendations for solving the problems found
List of UX problems
The designer’s activities during a UX audit cover the following areas:
User Experience and User Interface
The RubyGarage design team reviews every website and app page for visual design cues and UX standards, measures product usability, and checks for compliance with common design principles and best practices.
Once the whole roadmap for improvements is clear, our team proceeds with implementing the recommendations you’ve approved. We fix all design issues and implement new features to improve product usability.
- Information architecture
- Navigation issues
- Page hierarchy
- Clear user flow
- Adherence to platform guidelines
- Alignment with common design patterns
- Misleading UX solutions
- Missing/extra elements
- System feedback issues and bugs
- Usability problems (heuristic evaluation across 10 UX dimensions to assess UX maturity)
- Design inconsistencies
- Incorrect alignment
- Problems with scaling (such as fonts being too small)
- Insufficient contrast
- Mobile responsiveness
Our team can also discover how to give your product a competitive advantage. During a UX audit, we conduct market and competitor analysis to identify features your product might be lacking. By comparing your product with others on the market, we discover how to make it more appealing to users, add value to your brand, and stand out.
How we do NOT conduct UX Review:
- Not knowing the entire product context
- Not having enough data about product business goals and current product pain points
- Not having enough data about the target audience and the competitors
- Excluding any phases from our standard workflow
- Reviewing only some screens of the product
We conduct a quality audit and provide effective recommendations for web and mobile products including SaaS, ERP, CMS, and other systems.
We have a rule at RubyGarage to start every project with thorough research. Whether it’s a design for a new product or an existing one, this approach draws our attention to every detail and allows us to find the best solutions to business problems. Our expertise is proven by 80+ satisfied clients around the world and 7 years of web and mobile application designs. Our clients appreciate our complex problem-solving approach and diverse experience across many fields.
Mobile app design services
We provide quality iOS and Android mobile app designs using the most effective techniques, tools, and guidelines. Learn more about our expertise in mobile design.
Web design services
Our web design methodology is based on thorough research and continual product testing. See our web design services.
Mobile app development
We develop native mobile apps for iOS and Android as well as cross-platform apps. Find out more about the mobile apps we build.
Web app development
We use mixed technologies to deliver the best web app development services, but Ruby on Rails is our core expertise. Read more about our web development services here.
Need a UX review?
Tell Us About Your Project
- We’ll contact you within 24 hours with more information on our next steps. In the meantime you can check out our case studies and our blog
- We currently provide frontend and backend development for web and mobile platforms. We also provide UI and UX design services.
- We look forward to collaborating with you!