A Social Investment and Trading Platform
A social trading and investment platform for beginners and professionals
SprinkleBit is an intuitive social investment platform that uses the power of crowdsourcing and technology to help people learn risk-free trading and empower them to make better investment decisions.
Alexander Wallin had a goal of making investing fun and fruitful for average people. He came up with an idea to combine crowdsourcing and technology to help people make better investment and trading decisions.
Alex decided to build a unique platform where users can learn how to trade, share their experience with others, and make money off real deals in the market.
When he came to RubyGarage, Alex already had the first version of SprinkleBit developed. But he wanted to significantly upgrade functionality and the development workflow. Faced with these challenges, he reached out to our team.
Our RubyGarage team was responsible for:
- Streamlining the application development flow
- Ensuring updatability of the application
- Optimizing the app for mobile devices
- Implementing communication functionality
- Developing a trading simulator to teach users how to trade
- Enabling users to buy and sell real stocks
- Providing users with helpful trading tools
Increase the value of your portfolio
Make smart investment decision with the Stock Screener and Stock Analyzer.
Learn how to trade
Complete the interactive investing education course and practice on the Stock Market Simulator.
Join the community of traders and investors
Our RubyGarage team thoroughly analyzed the project and its existing codebase.
To meet Alex's requirements and deliver a functional application that brings value to its users, we decided to give SprinkleBit a complete overhaul.
Our team not only had to implement lots of new features but also wanted to make the application technologically advanced. We focused on delivering a reliable application that works flawlessly regardless of the number of users and that meets the toughest security standards.
In close collaboration with our client, we drew up a detailed project roadmap specifying the scope of work and the timeline.
- Adopted software development best practices such as an Agile methodology, test-driven development, and continuous integration and delivery to streamline the development flow
- Switched to a domain-centric architecture to make SprinkleBit easy to upgrade and maintain
- Developed fully functional mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Implemented a live chat with the support of multiple chat windows on one screen, group chats, and notifications
- Built Sandbox, a trading simulator that imitates the behavior of the NASDAQ/NYSE exchanges and helps novices learn how to trade
- Integrated SprinkleBit with complex APIs to allow users to trade on real markets
- Developed analytical tools such as an Advanced Stock Screener and Stock Analyzer to provide helpful insights into stock markets
Google OAuth2 API
RubyGarage helped Alexander Wallin turn his amazing idea into a full-fledged application that helps people make successful investment decisions, collaborate with one another, learn from professional stock traders, and build a more prosperous future. Since its release, SprinkleBit has attracted thousands of users and raised over raised over $13 million in funding.
SprinkleBit is a unique social platform that not only unites people interested in trading but also educates them and trains them to make smart investment decisions. SprinkleBit allows anyone to build their financial freedom by using the power of crowdsourcing.
As an entrepreneur, I guess by nature I get a thrill in undertaking projects without knowing how. Stepping into a risky venture involves massive amounts of thinking, research, advice, courage, and trust. All the while understanding that, despite all of the aforementioned, your entrepreneurial path will be like no other and failure is definitely on the table. An easy thing to write… not an easy thing to actually do. In order to move forward on this path you must trust that where you’re stepping is going to be solid business ground. Before I stepped into mobile app development, I talked to many people and got many recommendations for companies to work with. And although many of the companies recommended to me were very reputable, there was something different and exciting about RubyGarage. After several in-depth Skype meetings, there was no question that they were my app developer. It wasn’t that they understood me/my app right off the bat. They didn’t and they didn’t hide that at all. They remained open-minded, continued to question and together we brought a wild idea to life. The finished product is the real deal! Throughout the whole process I felt safe to brainstorm with them in a business realm I had no idea about knowing their advice would be accurate and sound. That safety has fostered a great partnership. One I hope to have with them for a long time. I highly recommend RubyGarage on so many levels. A decision to go with them is a right decision.