- Developing solutions and algorithms according to the technical specifications or other requirements documentation
- Writing program code according to the defined application architecture
- Analyzing application code and design to identify and eliminate technical issues
- Testing applications, writing unit, and functional tests while following company standards and industry best practices
- Identifying code smells and refactoring code using design patterns and accepted standards
- Estimating tasks and working to meet deadlines, reporting promptly on any necessary rescheduling or changes to deadlines
- Designing, developing, supporting Ruby/Ruby on Rails web application and Database architecture
- Reviewing code and sharing honest feedback regarding architectural solutions implemented by other developers
- Deploying applications to the staging and production servers
- Using Git and GitHub to control and manage source code while following GitFlow standards
- Preparing API documentation
- At least 1.5 years of experience in commercial web application developers
- Experience with OOP, Classes and objects structure, Metaprogramming, RubyGems
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (MVC, Security, Configuration, Caching)
- Experience with Rails architecture (Practical use of design patterns in Rails application, Form object, Service object, Query object, Decorator, etc.)
- Experience with Automation testing (RSpec, Matchers, Stubs, Mocks, Database Cleaner, FactoryBot, Faker, Webmock, Capybara, WebKit)
- Experience with Ruby gems & Rails plugins (Trailblazer, Dry-rb, Devise, Pundit, ActiveAdmin, Spree, etc.)
- Experience with Relational databases (SQL, Database index and full-text index, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Key-value, document-oriented, graph databases and search engines, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with
- Experience with DevOps (SSH, AWS, Docker, Terraform, CI, Nginx, Puma, Monit, NewRelic, Static code analysis)
- Experience with Web app architecture (Monolith, Microservices)
- Ability to work on projects from scratch
- Ability to work on projects with serverless architecture
- Ability to use a modern stack of technologies
- Paid vacation, sick days, national holidays
- Full or partial compensation for education and participation in conferences
- Reimbursement of expenses for visiting health and sports centers
- Free English courses
- Unlimited possibilities for career growth
- Review of compensation every six months
Make an impact on
You will have a salary review based on your achievements every six months.
We are happy to discover new talents. Want to join a dedicated and friendly team?
Tell Us About Yourself
- We will carefully review your professional experience to determine the best career opportunity within RubyGarage.
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist will arrange a meeting to present your personal career opportunity. They will introduce RubyGarage as a company and tell you about our cooperation benefits, qualifications, and financial development.
- We will support you from the first touch till the final job offer - we value every applicant, regardless of position.