Code Review Services
Extend the functionality of your custom app
By auditing your code, we help you assess the current state of your app, determine all risks, and offer workable solutions in the form of specific steps.
Update technologies and tools
If you haven’t updated your software for a long time, we’ll determine whether you’re using outdated technologies and if it’s time to shift to newer technologies or tools.
Check your code for high-risk areas
A code review allows us to detect existing and potential issues and vulnerabilities in your software. If we detect problems, we also provide solutions to swiftly address them.
Improved product quality
Due to fixed mistakes like typos, security bugs, architectural errors, and business logic flaws, your software performance improves exponentially.
We’ll check your code to make sure it’s well-written and easy to read. Сlean, high-quality code is less prone to bugs and therefore easier to maintain.
Higher customer satisfaction
With reviewed code, you can be sure there are fewer bugs in your app. Consequently, you can expect more satisfied users.
More accurate estimate
After a code review, estimates for future feature development will be more accurate, so you can carefully plan when features will be finished.
How we review your source code
At RubyGarage, we take a balanced approach to auditing code, combining manual code review with automated code audit tools. This allows us to find common bugs and vulnerabilities as well as detect complex underlying problems.
Stage 1. Technology stack identification
- A report with a list of technologies used in your product
- Recommendations from our technical experts on improving the current tech stack
Stage 2. Automated security audit
- Patch-level verification during which we look for vulnerabilities in current libraries
- Searching for vulnerabilities in the source code by checking how sensitive data is stored, how data is accessed, etc.
Stage 3. Static code analysis
- Bottleneck detection
- Code quality checks
- Code smells detection
- Autotests quality checks
- Check of style guides and structural similarities
Stage 4. Manual code audit
- Follows common principles of code design (DRY, KISS, YAGNI, SOLID)
- Uses design patterns correctly
- Has and correctly uses architectural layers in addition to MVC
- Is correctly integrated with third-party services
- Uses a valid database architecture
- Has the tools for proper automated deployment
- Has data backup mechanisms
Stage 5. Issue prioritization and report preparation
- Issue descriptions with severity levels
- Issue impacts on app performance
- Descriptions of issue causes
- Issue resolution options
- Customer assurance to prevent repeated issue occurrence
- Client benefits after issue resolution
Box+Dice is a technology company aimed at making real estate businesses more efficient. With the cutting-edge Box+Dice CRM, real estate agencies and their customers can find each other effortlessly.View project
This marketplace lets patients contact health practitioners to get nutrition and exercise recommendations. Customers can also make purchases right on the platform.View project
BlueSky is an e-learning platform that allows users to deliver live and on-demand education to their customers. With BlueSky, it’s possible to create, track, and monetize unique educational content.View project
What our customers say about code review as a service
They were professional, responsive and diligent at all times. Specifically, the quality of people and processes enabled this complex accounting project to be a success on all levels. I have no hesitation in recommending RubyGarage for projects that require extra attention to detail and a professional, systematic approach to software development.
It’s been consistent performance over the past three years. RubyGarage developers are fully engaged, interacting with our team and offering suggestions. They care about the success of the team and the platform, so it’s been really great for us across the board.
Bad software affects every aspect of your customer relations. Make sure your application is excellent
Tell Us About Your Project
- We’ll contact you within 24 hours with more information on our next steps. In the meantime, you can check out our case studies and our blog
- Our next step will be to collect all the requirements for your project, clarify your business objectives, and expectations towards our cooperation.
- After that, we’ll develop a proposal for you.